Saturday, January 26, 2008

Burns Night 2008

I’ve come to dread this time of year
For surely Burns night will be near
I try hard to write
A verse for the night
But rhyming verse is just so queer

But I plod on with spirit of fighters
The burden to write getting no lighter
The deadline grows near
I’m consumed by fear
‘tis so much simpler for pillow-biters

I’ve tried so long my hairs’ grown shaggy
Starved to the point my pants are baggy
I stumble for prose
I just can’t compose
Why must I do something so faggy?

I can no longer stand to suffer
The pressure is making this tougher
I’ll just write something down
And recite with a frown
If only I were a dude-stuffer

I’ve tried to craft a verse for today
Found it hard as I’ve nothing to say
After much sweat and much toil
My attempt has been foiled
For I’ve found that poetry’s just gay


No comments: